Growing Kids

     The whole point of my blog is to record all the little things I don't want to forget as my kids grow.  Or at least that was the idea a little while ago.  I'm failing, but that's okay, I'm trying too.  At least I'm getting the big ones I guess.  Well I figured I'd just write a couple of my favorite things about my kids tonight and the stages they are in.

     Tate:  I didn't get it down before, but when he was about 3-4 months old, he would give me the best kisses ever!!  I would lay him down on the ground and start kissing the corner of his mouth.  As soon as he could feel that he would grab my face with both his hands and open his mouth as wide as he could and just go crazy searching for my mouth!  He would go all wide eyed too.  I miss that, even if it was a bit on the moist side.  Now, when he's nursing, he has to have his hand in my mouth.  It's the strangest thing.  He let's his arm flail about and whack me in the face as he searches for my mouth and tries to stick his little fingers in there.  Once he succeeds, he rests his fingers on my lower teeth and is content there until he takes them out and has to find my mouth again.  Tate also has a little kicking foot that I find particularly adorable!  I think Baylee did that, too when she was a baby.  His right foot just kicks almost always.  While he's laying on his back, he has his knee bent and kicks himself in the diaper, all day long.  He talks a lot more now.  He's super chatty, and I swear he says "ma-ma" when he's upset.  He still loves his sister!  He's always craning his neck just to be able to see her.

     Baylee:  Holy goodness, where to start?  She is so full of energy!  She is crazy, fun, energetic, creative, smart, silly and oh so sassy!  She's seriously so smart!  I just can't get over it!  Dustin teaches her so many things and because of her insanely good memory, she remembers it all!  Dustin taught her just the other night how to spell her first name, asked her the next day and she remembered.  She can now spell her first name but says she doesn't want to learn how to spell Rayne or Fausett.  She knows her right from left, abc's, can count fairly high, sings a bunch of different songs (book of mormon stories, twinkle twinkle, snowman) and remembers everything!!  She's so so good at playing pretend!  She's loving the kitchen she got for Christmas, puts it to good use.  She loves dance parties and hiding in her various "houses" and "tunnels" all throughout the house.  She likes to dress up in my shoes, clothes, belts, anything she can get her hands on.  As much as I tell her during the day that I want to throw her out the window, I love her very much!!  She is so much fun and I sometimes can't believe the things that come out of her mouth!  She can be crazy and disobedient but she can also be extremely sweet and loving.  She's crazy about Tate.  She still loves to make him laugh and smile, and tries to be a big helper.

     I love my kids sooo much!  I saw a quote from President Monson today, "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the piles and piles of laundry will disappear all too soon and that you will, to your surprise, miss them profoundly."  I pondered this a little bit as I was folding a little laundry, I've come to this conclusion:  No, I will not miss the piles and piles of laundry.  I hate the piles and piles of laundry!  I will, however, miss what those piles of laundry represent.  I will miss my little tiny babies and miss them needing me.  I will miss the noise and laughter.  I will miss kissing tiny, sticky fingers and faces.  I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father trusts us enough to send us these precious spirits!  I'm trying hard to learn to slow down, spend time with them and worry less about the housework.  It's a slow process, but I think I'm progressing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Too Much Tate...

Sweet Tater Bug