Well, Tate's walking. Heartbreak. Excitement. Pride. Sadness. All rolled up into one crazy, nameless emotion. It just happened, just like that. It was Sunday the 15th that he realized he can get from point A to point B by walking. And he does. He's doing really well with it. He will still fall a lot and revert back to crawling to finish out his journey, but I think he'll be walking by the time he is officially 15 months old (4 days away). I'm one big mess about it too. I've already cried several times because my baby is no longer a baby! And it is definitely not time for another one!! Anyone have a newborn they'd like to loan me?
Baylee is being such a sweetheart. Making up for Tate being a huge pill I guess. We went to grandma's house earlier this week to stop me from killing one, if not both, of them. It worked. Both kids are still breathing. Success!
And here comes a little rant. I may sound blasphemous, but man! Church is hard! Every week I find myself thinking "what's the point?" I don't actually hear anything because I have a baby screaming and climbing everything and a toddler to entertain with answers to her questions. And that's just sacrament meeting. The rest of the time is spent in primary. Don't get me wrong, I love love love my girls, I just don't feel I'm getting anything out of church except a headache. I am extremely grateful Tate's a bit older now though. Let me paint ya a little picture of every week at church for me when Tate was just a few months old. I would make it to the third hour at church and Tate would finally fall asleep while I'm in sharing time. Then, Baylee gets brought into me because she hates nursery and is having a hard time. So I carefully try to hold my sleeping baby and crying toddler. Keep the baby asleep, console the toddler. Oh and maintain my class because I'm the only teacher. I'm pretty sure I cried on the way home from church every week for a couple months. Now I don't feel I could leave that on such a negative note, so on the plus side, I do enjoy primary and being able to go through each lesson. I do feel I'm learning things I didn't know. And extra bonus, I've always loved Doctrine and Covenants and learning about Joseph smith. Next year will be tough. Like I said, I love my girls! I have the 11-12 year old girls. They are the best! And it opened up a world of babysitters for me! Selfish, maybe. Still a positive? Absolutely! Also, love our ward. I don't ever want to move and it's mostly because of our ward. We have wonderful people and lots of people would try to help me, but my kids wouldn't take anyone else. Anyone have any tips for helping me to feel the Spirit in church again? Because I'd really enjoy that but some weeks are so hard with kids.
Here are some pictures of the kids I love. (don't always like, but definitely always love.)
Watching the storm
Always trying to control him. Just look at her face! I wonder where she gets it from... *cough*
I didn't mean to make them so matchy matchy for church, but dang they're cute. Tate had black pants and Baylee donned a black skirt.
Spinning on the chair together.
Is that too cute or what? I've been obsessing over sock buns lately, couldn't help myself. It only lasted about 8.3 minutes.
Playing dress up with mom's clothes.
At the state fair. Thanks grandpa!
After the fair we took the kids to chuck e cheese. For our family to ride the Ferris wheel once it would have cost us $16! Yeah, not happening!!
The loves of my life!!
Getting into big trouble at the library.
And getting into big trouble at home. I keep my water on the window sill behind the couch so Tate can't get to it. Time to move it I guess. He climbed up on and over the couch and perched his little tooshy on the narrow sill to drink my water.














I hear ya about the baby who is walking and no longer a baby (but not ready for number 3 yet), and about the Church circus each week. I just keep reminding myself that we get blessed for trying, and I try to find spiritual fulfillment at other times during the week :)
ReplyDeleteAnd you have the most adorable kiddies, btw :)
ReplyDelete