Please Don't Sing, Mom

     Yesterday, Baylee and I were playing in my bedroom.  She likes to play in our closet.  So she naturally made her way over there, opening and closing the door with herself inside.  I sat at the foot of the bed just outside the closet so she could entertain herself much longer.  I was kind of bored so I started singing Journey songs.  Baylee freaked out!!  "MOM!"  Every time I sang anything she would scream at me until I stopped and said "what?".  We probably went through about 20 minutes of that.  She would start screaming at me from far away too and if I didn't stop she would literally get "hopping mad".  She would jump while she screamed mom and get closer to me and start tapping my cheek.  I don't know why.  I guess it just confirms my already known fact that I can't sing:).
     She eventually died down on the whole screaming at me thing and when I would sing she started pointing to herself saying something I couldn't understand.  I asked her if she wanted to sing instead.  "Dep.".  Okay, you sing.  She closes the closet door.  This happened about 8 times before she actually started singing.  She would always close the closet door though so I couldn't see her while she sang.  It was very funny! 
     I did get some on tape and have decided not to post it.  It's for everyone's benefit, really.  She had already stopped screaming at me, which was why I pulled out the camcorder in the first place.  So it's pretty much just two whole minutes of me singing trying to get Baylee to scream at me.  How embarrassing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Too Much Tate...

Sweet Tater Bug