2nd Birthday

     Today is Baylee's birthday.  I think she enjoyed it at least a little.  It was hard to try to get everything ready in time because of our 1-4 church time.  We got home from church and I started on the cake but got so hungry I had to eat.  So we ended up doing a really casual dinner even though I had wanted to do a nice dinner for her birthday.  As nice as you can get for nuggets and fries.  :)  Her favorite.  Jen, Dustin and I had sandwiches before I started on Baylee's dinner.  She was being SO silly too.  Laughing at all of us just sitting at the kitchen table with everyone.  She would throw her head back and give a nice gut laugh.  I finally got her dinner for her and set it on the table in front of her.  Not long after that Mom, Kevin and Sums showed up.  When they got here Baylee went into shy mode!  She laid on Dustin the whole time, all the sudden very uninterested in her food.  Then of course, laying down, choosing not to move, 1-4 church = no nap, she naturally started falling asleep.  Jen and I told mom how she was goofing off just before they came and gave a nice example of her laugh.  Baylee's eyes were closed laying on Dustin but she was fighting back smiles, it was really funny.  It didn't take long though for her to be completely out.
     Baylee fell asleep before I even had the cake done.  We finished the cake up with everyone's help and then didn't really know what to do because we were all ready to eat cake but the birthday girl was passed out on the couch.  I even made an attempt at an Elmo cake.


Everyone had to go pretty soon so we decided to try to start waking Bays up.  I picked her up and let her wake up kind of slowly.  I started talking to her telling her I had some cake for her, telling her it was Elmo.  Then I asked if she wanted to blow out the candles and her eyes opened and she let out the softest, cutest "up".  We took her over to the cake to show her and we lit the candles and she still wouldn't lift her head off my shoulder.  She wouldn't blow out the candles.  So Dustin and I ended up blowing them out for her and we all ate the cake because Baylee didn't want any!  We tried to give her some, gave her her own big piece and she just wasn't interested. 
     We tried presents next.  She wasn't really interested in that either.  Jenna went first for her and Tom's presents.  They got her an awesome book, "Boom Chicka Boom".  She didn't really care, still didn't want to open it or any others for that matter.  Jenna helped coax her into opening their second present.  Essentially opened it for her.  What was it?  A gift from heaven apparently!  A bubble machine!  She LOVED it.  Big ice breaker.  We set it up and got it going and she wasn't so tired anymore.  She was having a blast playing with the bubbles.  Game over!  Tom and Jenna won.  She did not want to open any more presents.  We finally got her to open the presents from me and Dustin, because we should've gone first since ours were clearly going to be the least favorite of the group.  We got her a computer game and a doll set type thing that comes with a little pack and play and high chair and carrier and stuff like that.  She was mildly interested. 
     Then, grandma and grandpa came in with the grand finale.  A brand new princess bike!!  She was still only mildly interested.  She continually asked for bubbles.  Silly goose.  She likes the bike a lot now!  We just rode it around the house a little bit.

     All in all, I think it was a good birthday.  Baylee was spoiled, lots of fun new things.  And even though she just yaked all over the couch for no apparent reason, it was a good day.  I love my little girl SO much and I just can't believe we've already made it through 2 years!

Comments

  1. I forgot! Baylee and Samantha are a month apart exactly! It's hard to believe she is two already. I still remember very clearly talking on the phone with you and swapping pregnancy stories back in November of 2009. Baylee is such a cutie and we wish we could have been in UT to help her celebrate! (Neato cake, btw!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Too Much Tate...

Sweet Tater Bug