Conference

     Conference was wonderful, as always.  I especially enjoyed it because I had a cool experience that I hope to always remember.  We went up to the Fausett family for conference and spent Friday and Saturday nights there.  I got caught up in the fun of being around family again and conference ended up skipping my mind, until Friday night as I started saying my prayers.  I knelt down and realized, "Oh my goodness, conference is tomorrow.  I should probably pray for something."  Then I knew exactly what I wanted and needed help with.  I finished my prayers and went to bed. 
     Conference started and I was tired, but willed myself to listen and leave the kids be for awhile.  I believe it was the very first talk when I heard a line that was like an answer to my prayers.  It stuck so peacefully in my mind, I knew it was meant for me.  It didn't even seem very relative to the rest of the talk.  One simple line and my heart was still, just knowing that my prayers were heard and answered.  That fast, too.  I think that I would have been content with that for a litlte whlie, maybe at least until a later session.  To my surprise, however, and delight, one of the next talks was all about what I had been asking for help with!  I started crying at this point, not from overwhelming happiness at these words that I could cling to in times of need, but from complete surety that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and hears me.  It's so simple, I know, but it's nice to have reassurances from time to time.  I felt overwhelmed by His love.  I guess He really wanted me to be sure because in the afternoon session there was another gem of a line for me!  I must be a hard one to crack if I had to get it three times in one day!  I am very grateful for it, though.  It does make it hard to doubt when I feel His love for me, so strongly, three times in a few hours.  I'm so grateful for this experience, more so than the words I thought I needed to hear.  Apparently I needed a stronger testimony in prayer, more than anything else right then.  I do, indeed, have a stronger testimony of the power of prayer.

Comments

  1. I don't think you're a tough cookie to crack, I just think you just asked the right question.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment