Updates
By the way, not so baby hungry anymore. I think I'm pretty happy with just two:). I'm sure that thought will change again soon, I seem to go back and forth a lot.
Baylee is getting so stinking big it's killing me! One day I went to put on some older ish pajamas and they were kind of snug. I looked at her and teasingly said, "Baylee, stop growing!" She looked back at me a little concerned and said, "I can't. Heavenly Father wants me to grow and I'm listening." How sweet is she? Filled with such wisdom for her age. She's also getting really good at playing with friends. Now that the weather is warming up a little bit, we've been able to get outside more and play with friends at the park. Apparently she loves climbing trees. Luckily she's only had a few minor scrapes. She's very sweet and helpful with Tate. He'll be screaming and she'll ask him what he wants, she'll go down a list until she gets a "yes" from Tate. Which is often that he wants mom, so Baylee will lovingly open my bedroom door to let him in while I'm getting ready or showering or going to the bathroom. I've started locking my door. She means well, but I can't have Tate in my room, he gets into everything!
Tate kills me. He is so funny and crazy! He's also started talking a little more. He's definitely trying with new words a little more and picking up on more common and easier words. One of my favorite things that he does right now is playing tag. As soon as Baylee starts running he'll start chasing her. The downside... he plays tag with a fist. It often ends in tears. He'll run right into you and say "tag!" and punch you right in the chest, or wherever he can reach. So funny and cute to watch, but can get a little too rough sometimes. He's getting much more playful in general and it's awesome. Just today I put him in his room for timeout and after a few minutes he stopped screaming. After I heard the beep of his Thomas the Train book, I knew why:). He's a clever boy and can find fun and play pretty well on his own.
And now for a crap load of pictures!
Baylee is getting so stinking big it's killing me! One day I went to put on some older ish pajamas and they were kind of snug. I looked at her and teasingly said, "Baylee, stop growing!" She looked back at me a little concerned and said, "I can't. Heavenly Father wants me to grow and I'm listening." How sweet is she? Filled with such wisdom for her age. She's also getting really good at playing with friends. Now that the weather is warming up a little bit, we've been able to get outside more and play with friends at the park. Apparently she loves climbing trees. Luckily she's only had a few minor scrapes. She's very sweet and helpful with Tate. He'll be screaming and she'll ask him what he wants, she'll go down a list until she gets a "yes" from Tate. Which is often that he wants mom, so Baylee will lovingly open my bedroom door to let him in while I'm getting ready or showering or going to the bathroom. I've started locking my door. She means well, but I can't have Tate in my room, he gets into everything!
Tate kills me. He is so funny and crazy! He's also started talking a little more. He's definitely trying with new words a little more and picking up on more common and easier words. One of my favorite things that he does right now is playing tag. As soon as Baylee starts running he'll start chasing her. The downside... he plays tag with a fist. It often ends in tears. He'll run right into you and say "tag!" and punch you right in the chest, or wherever he can reach. So funny and cute to watch, but can get a little too rough sometimes. He's getting much more playful in general and it's awesome. Just today I put him in his room for timeout and after a few minutes he stopped screaming. After I heard the beep of his Thomas the Train book, I knew why:). He's a clever boy and can find fun and play pretty well on his own.
And now for a crap load of pictures!
Drawing at the table.
Cleaning out his ears. He's always getting into our Q-tips!
Every time one of us leaves the house. Every. Time.
They both wanted to help. Tate even climbed up onto the table himself just so he could reach.
Adorable! After Baylee would bowl, Dustin or I would squat down next to her and watch the ball go down the lane. So she would squat down next to me and put her hand on my shoulder as we watch.
This is Tate's hide and seek face. He counts while covering one eye and watching with the other. He hasn't quite figured out the hiding yet. Even when it's his turn to hide he hears someone start counting and he covers his eyes and frantically tries to follow me to hide. So funny.
Our first snowman!
Hahahahaha! I love this picture! I think it's so so funny. Tate did NOT like this little girl.
Whenever Baylee would hear that Tate was up from his nap she would ask if she could go in and if I could be in "in one minute". Then I come in to both kids in the crib. This happened for a few days but had to cut it off because Tate climbed out of his crib a couple times one night. But he hasn't done it since then. Hooray!
They love to play in the pantry. Crazies.
I accidentally dozed off one day and Tate got into the wipes. Oops. And since we lock our trash can now, he just sets things on top of it to throw it away. At least he's cleaning up after himself.
Feeding the baby.
Snow!
"Helping" mommy make cookies.
And "helping" daddy sew. Haha
\Baylee's birthday decorations.
Her door.
Her presents. I think she got everything she asked for. Yes, that lamp is one of her presents. She asked for a lamp for the living room. So it was carefully selected, by mom, to match the living room and I must say, I love it! I'm so happy she wanted a new lamp for her birthday, I'd been looking into some for a few weeks before she asked.
Her cake turned out really cute, too. I was really nervous, it was not looking too good at the beginning. And this was the second cake I baked... Grr.
Getting the candles ready.
Tate loved Baylee's birthday, too!
She's so funny.
Modeling my hat.
I tried to snap a candid picture of her, something a little more natural, and I wasn't quick enough. She turned and struck a pose so fast!
One of my favorites. Tate grabs your hand to take you somewhere or show you something he wants. He knows mom doesn't get up off the couch for just anything so he's started grabbing Baylee's hand and dragging her all over the house.
In this instance he wanted to go into mom and dad's room. To play and create a mess, I'm sure. :Luckily, Baylee didn't let him in since nobody was in there.
Perry sweatshirt!! And he's pointing to his hat, very proud of himself that he's wearing it. It was a battle to get it on and keep it on. It was also a requirement that day if he wanted to go outside. Very chilly.
My next project I'm working on that should've been finished within the hour I started it. But, no. A few weeks later and it still sits on my kitchen counter. I'm going to paint it onto burlap and maybe frame it. I'm not sure yet, maybe that's why I haven't finished it. It's Baylee's hand print and Tate's feet.
Playing with dad.
My typical view from outside. Can it get much cuter?
Tate decided to push Baylee on her bike.
They took turns. :)
Playing in the tent.
"Look, mom. I can ride with one hand!"
They loved the tent.
I didn't quite take the picture in time but I thought this was so funny and cute. Baylee was playing with a group of friends at the park and I look back and see them all gathered in a circle and Tate had made his way into the middle of the circle with a big bag of pretzels. I really wish I had gotten the picture, it was so cute. They had just scattered for hide and go seek.
Tate and the bag of pretzels, following the older kids.
Baylee climbing the tree.
Tate is in pretty big trouble in this picture. Getting a good lecture from dad. Doesn't seem to phase him.
At the zoo!!
I'd say they like the otters the best. We stayed here the longest and the kids just watched them swim back and forth, above the water and beneath. We forced them to move along.
Watching the otters.
Oh, scratch that. This was Tate's favorite part. Yes. The asphalt. Crazy kid!
I mean he really loved it! We took forever in this section because I would try to carry him down to move fast and he would wiggle free. He also didn't care to move for the throngs of people coming all around him, in fact, he'd run right in front of them. I think this is because he's always had a fascination with the street. Ever since I remember him being mobile, he'd try and book it to the street. Still does. And since I never allow him in the street, this was apparently extremely exciting for him.
Looking at the elephants. They were so nasty.
The old lion drinking fountain. No longer a drinking fountain, by the way.
Looking at the coyote. Or gray wolf. I don't know. I'm just glad they had a cage and then a fence. Tate was sticking all sorts of body parts through the fence. Glad he couldn't quite reach the animals.
Comments
Post a Comment