Elf on a Shelf

Dad and Kathy gave us the elf on a shelf for Christmas. It's really cute. There is an elf that sits somewhere in your house and watches and listens to see if you've been good or bad that day. Then, at the end of the day, he goes back and reports to Santa, comes back and is in a new place by morning. Well we read her the story last night and this morning our little elf appeared next to the tv. We went out and found him first thing. Baylee seemed a little unsure about this elf business. I tried to show her that it was ok, he's not scary and we can talk to him, tell him what we want for Christmas so he can go tell Santa. So I moved in close to the elf and told him something I want for Christmas to help illustrate the point to Baylee. She was slightly humored.
A little while later in the day, I was in the kitchen while Dustin and Baylee were in the living room. Dustin was studying when he hears Baylee say something softly. He wasn't really paying attention because he was studying but after asking her what she said, he realized she wasn't talking to him. She was talking to the elf. She had leaned in a little bit, still a little reserved, and whispered real quietly, "I want some Christmas presents." I love her so much! It's moments like those that make me want to give her everything she's ever wanted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Too Much Tate...

Sweet Tater Bug