Prayers
While Baylee was saying the prayer last night, she strayed from her typical, memorized prayer. It usually goes, "...please, please bless our food and will sleep good and grateful for milk and family and ask it...Amen." We worked really hard to get a grateful section in there for her, too. It ended up being milk and family and that stuck for awhile. We keep trying to encourage gratitude, "Let's tell Heavenly Father what we're thankful for. Let him know we are so thankful for this food He has blessed us with." etc.
Well, last night, she made an addition to her thankful section. It went as follows. "...grateful for boys." Bah! What? Three years old!! How did that happen? So after the prayer I tried to convince myself (by talking to Baylee and making sure she agreed, a little mental game perhaps) that she meant dad and Tate as "boys". She did agree pretty easily, so maybe that was indeed what she meant the whole time. I really do think so, but the way it came out, I'm nervous for her to become a teenager.
Tonight, as she just said prayers, was very cute! She did not stick to her typical prayer at all! She's back to being thankful for everything that falls within her eyesight and I love it! A precious snippet from her prayer tonight, "...thankful for my boys, my brother, Tate and mom and dad." It was so sweet. Then as I sat down to write this real quick, before I forgot, I couldn't remember how her normal prayer goes. I asked her if she wanted to say another prayer. With a tiny bit of coercing, we got her to say another. It was totally different from the first. Grateful for all things, and all things different. I love this girl! I learn so much from my kids. Like the simple blessing and commandment of gratitude. I look up to my daughter.
Here is an overload of pictures and videos from Dustin's phone
Well, last night, she made an addition to her thankful section. It went as follows. "...grateful for boys." Bah! What? Three years old!! How did that happen? So after the prayer I tried to convince myself (by talking to Baylee and making sure she agreed, a little mental game perhaps) that she meant dad and Tate as "boys". She did agree pretty easily, so maybe that was indeed what she meant the whole time. I really do think so, but the way it came out, I'm nervous for her to become a teenager.
Tonight, as she just said prayers, was very cute! She did not stick to her typical prayer at all! She's back to being thankful for everything that falls within her eyesight and I love it! A precious snippet from her prayer tonight, "...thankful for my boys, my brother, Tate and mom and dad." It was so sweet. Then as I sat down to write this real quick, before I forgot, I couldn't remember how her normal prayer goes. I asked her if she wanted to say another prayer. With a tiny bit of coercing, we got her to say another. It was totally different from the first. Grateful for all things, and all things different. I love this girl! I learn so much from my kids. Like the simple blessing and commandment of gratitude. I look up to my daughter.
Here is an overload of pictures and videos from Dustin's phone
Loves for momma. Still a huge momma's boy.
One of our new favorite places to play, the mall. The kids are still happy
to play on the toys without us having to put money in! They LOVE it!
Driving was clearly Tate's favorite.
I can't get over his face in this one. Sums it all up nicely.
This is how daddy and Baylee play at the library.
Playing hide and go seek.
I love this picture. I feel like it portrays their relationship pretty well. One is always trying to play with the other, but instead ends up annoying them.
I feel like his eyes are pleading for help.
A little while ago we hopped in the car for a little family drive up the canyon. (To recharge the battery in the car.) We found a couple little playgrounds and played on the swings for a little bit.
Baylee trying to pump on the swing.
Driving at the mall.
Tate's latest game, he plays it everywhere. Highchair, crib, behind the couch.
Another latest favorite, hitting. Anything. As long as it makes a sound.
Best con ever!! I didn't want to push her around in the basket.
CUTE pictures!!
ReplyDeleteLuuuurve it. Also, don't ever feel like you need to use the term "overload" when it comes to pictures of your children. I am of the stern opinion that there can never be too many!
ReplyDelete