"WHY"

     And so it begins!  The, "Why" questions.  I thought that this didn't come about until about 5 years old.  I swear I just brought her home from the hospital, now I'm being irked with "why?".  It's not like they are even pertinent either.  Nothing like, "Why is the sky blue?"  I remember learning why in physics and thinking, "I need to remember this so that when I have annoying little children constantly asking me questions, I can answer it in a completely scientific manner."  Instead it is just always "why?".  She'll ask me a question, I'll answer it, she'll ask why.  Example: "Should I give this to Tate?"  I answer her something like, "Sure, if you want to."  "Why?"  Well, jeepers, Bays, I don't know, because it sounded like you wanted to and it won't physically harm him in any foreseeable way.  Earlier today Baylee was playing with the printer a little bit and I told her to be careful.  She saw the paper in it and asked, "What's that?"  I told her it was paper.  "Why?"  I thought, "Oh, very good, Baylee.  Now you are thinking a little bit, why do we put paper in it?  I can explain this one logically.  Easy peasy."  I soon found out that the question was not, "Why do we put paper in the printer?" but rather, "Why is it paper?"  Oh good heavens!

     On the bright side, however, she is listening much better, and to things that may not hold her interest much.  At sweet Lyvia's blessing last Sunday (newest cousin), during a couple different testimonies Baylee would say with great excitement, "He said scriptures!"  Or, "He said Joseph Smith."  "He said Jesus." etc.  It was kind of funny because she said it rather loud!  I'm quite certain most of the chapel heard her.  It was so exciting for me, though, to see her learn and grow and find out that she does listen, maybe more than I thought.  Proud mommy moment.  I love these kiddos!!!  Now if I can just live past the "why" stage.

Comments

  1. I don't know if this is just a boy thing, or a "my boy" thing, but I have yet to answer the question "why?". What's ironic is I'd like nothing better than to answer that question!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Too Much Tate...

Sweet Tater Bug