Fourth of July
Happy Fourth, everyone! We had a great day. It was super busy but also super awesome. We went out to breakfast as a family and ran some errands for last minute food stuff and invited a whole bunch of neighbors to come join us in our driveway for a christening of Dustin's new grill. Of course, being last minute as we are, I think people already had plans and we didn't get anybody telling us they'd come. Except one good friend and we decided to relocate to their house. So we packed up the kids, the food and he came with his truck to pick up the grill. They have a great yard with lots of shade and it was perfect. He also works for Frazzle now and happened to have a machine for work so the kids got some red and blue slurpees which was a big hit! We brought big bubbles which did okay, but mostly ended up in little ones drinking the solution. Oops.
I also got to meet Josie, who I love so much, even before I got to meet her! I swear she is my kindred spirit. All in all it was an exhausting, fun, happy, family and friends day. But with that, I of course had to come crashing down hard today. So that kind of sucks. I'm feeling a bit better now but I feel ultra guilty because it's Dustin's birthday and we didn't do anything. Mega oops. I did find the strength to make it to the local grocery store today and buy him a present of treats. I hope that helped. Lucky for me I married the best guy ever! He's a good sport and chose not to let his attitude sour. He's been keeping the mood around here much lighter than I was. I'm so grateful for him. He's the greatest.
Isn't she the absolute sweetest, cutest thing you've ever seen? I'm biased, I know. Please just appease me and agree with me.
Thanks, Brighton. You guys are amazing!
I also got to meet Josie, who I love so much, even before I got to meet her! I swear she is my kindred spirit. All in all it was an exhausting, fun, happy, family and friends day. But with that, I of course had to come crashing down hard today. So that kind of sucks. I'm feeling a bit better now but I feel ultra guilty because it's Dustin's birthday and we didn't do anything. Mega oops. I did find the strength to make it to the local grocery store today and buy him a present of treats. I hope that helped. Lucky for me I married the best guy ever! He's a good sport and chose not to let his attitude sour. He's been keeping the mood around here much lighter than I was. I'm so grateful for him. He's the greatest.
Isn't she the absolute sweetest, cutest thing you've ever seen? I'm biased, I know. Please just appease me and agree with me.
Thanks, Brighton. You guys are amazing!
Comments
Post a Comment