Sweet Tater Bug

     Tate is such a sweetheart!  Here are some of the things he's said to me recently:

     He's a sweetheart, yes, but also incredibly difficult.  He doesn't seem to listen.  He has a very hard time following simple orders and we get increasingly frustrated.  We clearly need to learn patience.  The kids were helping Dustin set something up when he got home from work.  He had asked the kids to stop touching certain things and after a few times of repeating himself and kids not listening, he got on Tate's case about it a little more.  Tate then came into the other room and told Baylee, "Sometimes I want to cry but I try really really hard not to and I go away from all my family."  How heartbreaking is that?!  He's my kid that, I thought, let everything roll right off of him.  He was able to easily move on and not get upset when he was in trouble or lovingly reprimanded.  I guess I need to pay more attention to this little sweetie.

     Baylee got fairly hurt yesterday.  After she got hurt (in the kitchen), Tate sat on the couch away from the commotion and told me (not for the first time) that sometimes when other people get hurt, and he wasn't the one to hurt them (hahahaha!), then he gets hurt in a certain spot in his body.  I can relate.  But I think that's because I'm a queasy stomach and don't like blood and gore.  This time it was his foot, which is where Baylee got hurt, but a different part of his foot.

     The other day Tate asked me this, "Mom, can we invite a friend over so you don't have to take care of us?"  Hahahahahaha.  Oh gosh.  He's a perceptive little thing.  For the record, I do struggle when we have friends over and I struggle to say yes to my kids for that, but I do still "take care of them." Lol.

     I love this kid.  He is so good for my mama heart.  He makes me want to pull out my hair but he also heals my very soul.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bugs

Just Baylee

Pumpkins