Some Jude Stories
Every time we left the house, for several months, this is the conversation we had while buckling Jude.
Me: push
J: push
Me: good push
J: me good push
Me: yeah, Jude
J: yeah, Mom
Me: yeah, Jude
Repeated three times because there are three buckles to the car seat.
Anytime Jude cries we ask him, what's wrong? He says, "Me crying." And we say, why are you crying? "Me crying like this."
We have to deduce the reason for tears. It's never an easy straight forward route.
All night as we prepared for bed time Jude told me he wanted to be naked. Baylee and Tate took showers, Baylee was first but Tate thought he was first. So Tate had already undressed and Dustin told him to go wait in his room since he had already undressed. He didn't exactly wait in his room. He more pranced about showing off his nakedness. Hence Jude's strong desire to be naked. I felt I was arguing with him for the better part of an hour (though surely not quite), constantly telling him "no." And his response was usually, "Yes! Me be naked. Me want to."
So it finally came time to change his diaper and get him ready for bed. He was very excited for his diaper change because it meant he would be naked for a short while. I took his diaper off, but it wasn't enough. He stood up without his diaper (which we never do. We always get a diaper on first) and wanted to take his shirt off. So I did and he did a little celebratory hop and exclaimed, "Me naked!" Then he danced around a little with his twinkle toes and shook his bum. He was very happy and excited about it. We all laughed.
Then as I got ready to tell him that we're done and it's time to put a diaper and clothes back on, he looks at me and says, "Me run?" And I thought eh, he's a kid and so stinkin' happy. Yeah, you can run. I thought he'd just go down the hall and smack the mirror and come back like they usually do. Instead he ran over to the big couch where Dustin and the rest of the kids were sitting. Dustin started yelling, "Ahh not over here!" And so Jude ran right up to them and kind of made a silly/scary rawr noise at them with his little bum sticking out. I so wish I had a picture of it! It made my whole night. With Dustin and the kids all pulling ahh/disgusted faces and Jude's little backside sitting back a little and to the side. It was the best!
Me: push
J: push
Me: good push
J: me good push
Me: yeah, Jude
J: yeah, Mom
Me: yeah, Jude
Repeated three times because there are three buckles to the car seat.
Anytime Jude cries we ask him, what's wrong? He says, "Me crying." And we say, why are you crying? "Me crying like this."
We have to deduce the reason for tears. It's never an easy straight forward route.
All night as we prepared for bed time Jude told me he wanted to be naked. Baylee and Tate took showers, Baylee was first but Tate thought he was first. So Tate had already undressed and Dustin told him to go wait in his room since he had already undressed. He didn't exactly wait in his room. He more pranced about showing off his nakedness. Hence Jude's strong desire to be naked. I felt I was arguing with him for the better part of an hour (though surely not quite), constantly telling him "no." And his response was usually, "Yes! Me be naked. Me want to."
So it finally came time to change his diaper and get him ready for bed. He was very excited for his diaper change because it meant he would be naked for a short while. I took his diaper off, but it wasn't enough. He stood up without his diaper (which we never do. We always get a diaper on first) and wanted to take his shirt off. So I did and he did a little celebratory hop and exclaimed, "Me naked!" Then he danced around a little with his twinkle toes and shook his bum. He was very happy and excited about it. We all laughed.
Then as I got ready to tell him that we're done and it's time to put a diaper and clothes back on, he looks at me and says, "Me run?" And I thought eh, he's a kid and so stinkin' happy. Yeah, you can run. I thought he'd just go down the hall and smack the mirror and come back like they usually do. Instead he ran over to the big couch where Dustin and the rest of the kids were sitting. Dustin started yelling, "Ahh not over here!" And so Jude ran right up to them and kind of made a silly/scary rawr noise at them with his little bum sticking out. I so wish I had a picture of it! It made my whole night. With Dustin and the kids all pulling ahh/disgusted faces and Jude's little backside sitting back a little and to the side. It was the best!
Comments
Post a Comment