16 Weeks!

     We just got back from our 16 week appointment and everything is looking good!  I was pretty nervous about this appointment, mainly because of the decision I had to make on whether or not we would start me on a weekly shot of progesterone.  I decided not to do it and the doctor seemed quite fine with it really.  He said it's still a pretty new thing and chances are if we don't do anything it's not likely we'll have another Baylee baby.  But I will have to go on bed rest at 28 weeks.  I'm not sure how that will be handled.  I definitely think I prefer being overly lazy to a huge oil based shot in the toosh that supposedly hurts like heck each week!  Needless to say, I'm very glad the doc wasn't pushing us to do the shots.
     We also scheduled our 20 week ultrasound!  We find out the sex of the baby in one month!!!  And I'm already freaking out about finding a babysitter.  Seems like babysitters are hard to come by now that we've moved.  I don't have a huge family REALLY close anymore:(.  Oh well, we'll work something out I'm sure.
     I also had high blood pressure today.  So far, both times at my appointments the nurse has redone my blood pressure, having me uncross my legs and sitting very still, no talking.  Last month it worked out fine and it wasn't so high the second time she did it.  This week was apparently not so lucky.  The doctor came in right then and said they aren't worried about that this early, so I guess we're fine.
     And my greatest joy, I didn't gain any weight!!!!  What?!  Weird.  I weighed exactly the same as my last appointment!  My belly has definintely grown some, and I haven't been sick.  I haven't thrown up once yet.  I must be doing something good to be at the same weight.  Or maybe something really bad haha.  I'm happy with it considering my diet and my lack of exercise.  It must be living in a 3-story house.  I swear just going upstairs to Baylee's room gets my heart rate as high as when we were doing Insanity!!  (I didn't mention that just walking gets my heart rate up to the nurse because I was too embarrassed.  I kind of think that the walk from the lobby back to the room winded me a little though and thus caused my high blood pressure.)
     Anyway things are well with the baby as far as we know.  :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Too Much Tate...

Sweet Tater Bug