Mall Chaos
We took a trip to the mall just a few days before Christmas for whatever nutty reason. It definitely felt like a few HOURS before Christmas. It was packed. We went into Aeropostale looking at the shirts on sale. Dustin found some to try on but Baylee was more than ready to go. I took her out of the store and we started walking through the mall with Baylee leading the way. We made it to Santa's North Pole or whatever. I told Baylee that Santa is over there and asked if she wanted to see. She's always been afraid of Santa before. Even when she sees him on TV. But this time she pulled me right over and wanted to see. I showed her the fairly distant Santa and told her to wave buh-byes. She started throwing a tantrum! Kicking and screaming, "Ss-santa!" I tried explaining to her that we need to go find daddy and then we can go see Santa again. Well I must've won world's best parent award as I let my child kick and scream and cry into the floor of the mall. Very in the way too. I don't know if I mentioned that it was very busy. I definitely got a lot of looks and probably scorns as I sat on the floor against the wall just relaxing while my child sounded like she was being beaten by something awful. I was okay with it.
Then a breath of hope happened. She noticed a tiny little crevice type of wall with lights in it that changed colors. We watched that for awhile and practiced our colors. She loved it and didn't want to leave. She even weaseled her way into this small opening. We played there until Dustin found us and then took daddy to see Santa. What an exhausting hour of my life.
This is the wall we played in.
Then a breath of hope happened. She noticed a tiny little crevice type of wall with lights in it that changed colors. We watched that for awhile and practiced our colors. She loved it and didn't want to leave. She even weaseled her way into this small opening. We played there until Dustin found us and then took daddy to see Santa. What an exhausting hour of my life.
This is the wall we played in.
Comments
Post a Comment