Gratitude

     I don't know how to express how grateful I am sometimes.  Since moving to our new place, I've been soo happy!  It's been pretty quick and easy getting settled.  It also helps that I'm absolutely in love with the new space!  (Except for the enormous amount of dogs surrounding us who decide to bark all at the same time at 6 in the morning.  Every morning.)  But, one of the greatest blessings I've found thus far in this place is the new ward.  I fell in love the first week we went.  I'm supposed to stay home but I really wanted to meet the new ward and I'm so glad I did.  They were so kind and welcoming it just astounded me!  We've never quite been in a ward like this!  And it's so helpful to me because I have a very hard time reaching out to people, so I'm so extremely grateful when people reach out to me.  I'm apparently a little bit shy.  Weird.
     Anyway we went the first two weeks, all three hours.  And it was fabulous!  Baylee has transitioned well into nursery by herself and seems to love it.  I enjoyed all our lessons that I've been to in those two weeks and gained so much from it.  And people continue to introduce themselves to us!  (I already have two babysitters on call!) 
     I guess today was the day that finally gave me the extra nudge to blog about the ward.  It was our third week today and I had decided that I was done going to church.  While I enjoyed it so much it is surprisingly difficult for me to sit in church for three hours with this massive belly.  Well that changed mid week when Dustin got called to speak for Mothers' Day.  I wanted to hear his talk and he couldn't very well have Baylee on the stand with him so I went to sacrament meeting today.  Dustin did great by the way!  I truly always enjoy him speaking or teaching in church. 
     Anyway, just a few minutes ago a lady from the ward dropped by.  She came to the door with a small box.  I answered and she made sure I was Rachel and then proceeded to introduce herself.  She said she had heard I was on bed rest and brought a delightful homemade meal over for us!  I was seriously so grateful that she took initiative and did that.  I'm amazed at people like her who are so gifted and downright wonderful, constantly thinking of others, even when they don't know that person very well, if at all.  We've already eaten half the food she brought over and might finish it off tonight.  Even though we ended up having cold cereal about an hour ago for dinner.  Ham with fresh green beans, a yummy rice, green onion, ham and honey-orange glaze concotion, homemade bread and sugar cookies just speak greater volumes to my pregnant body than cold cereal does.  I hope I learn how to reach out to others by being in this ward.  I'm sure I will, I just hope I learn it to such an extent that it never leaves me.  We can all be in a ward like that, when we are the ones actively serving within the ward.  Basically, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude and blessings!  I love my Heavenly Father so much and have been so blessed to be able to see His love for me in my life.

     I forgot about the comments I heard walking into church today.  (From the other ward in the building).  As we walk by to the chapel all the young women or primary kids or just everyone in general is out in the hall waiting to go into their room for whatever class.  We weave our way through and I hear, just as we passed, one little girl probably 12 years old say, "I can't wait 'til I'm a mom."  Now this may have just been a general comment, but as you other mothers know, you can generally feel the gaze, glance, stare, or downright glare of anyone you pass by.  I guess most people can probably feel those things anyway, but when it's in regards to your kids.  I'm pretty sure she was looking at Baylee.  Then just a little bit further down the hall another young girl says to Baylee, "Hi, pretty, baby girl!"  I must have a pretty cute girl! :)  Those little comments made me a happy mom for Mothers' Day.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad your new ward is so wonderful! When we moved from Idaho to Texas, we experienced this level of welcome and inclusion in our new ward--it was wonderful, especially living so far away from any family! Now, in Alabama, we've yet again found another great ward, and we feel so blessed! They are lucky to have you guys in their ward and will be a great help when the bb comes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Too Much Tate...

Sweet Tater Bug