BTW

Have I mentioned that Tate is crawling and Baylee is reading. Sort of. To both.
Tate's crawl is not traditional. He's still never been up on his knees, really. He army style commando crawls. It gets him where he wants to be. He's getting into more and more now that he can move forward without having to do trial and error rolls around the whole room. I have to watch him a bit more closely now. He also says dad and dada. It's the sweetest thing ever! I'm also convinced that he's been saying mom since he was about five months old, though it's reserved only for when he's upset. I could've sworn he said "hi" the other day and "hat", when I gave him Baylee's hat to play with. It was probably just my imagination. He also had his first flu bug a couple days ago. Super fun. I felt so bad for him, still do:(. I was feeding him some cereal, he'd probably only had about 1/4 a cup when he just started spewing. Three times. I've never seen so much spit up come out of a little baby, and I've seen a lot come out of Tate before. Poor baby probably threw up a whole quart, not even kidding. It was awful! I got him in the tub right away and tried just a few ounces of milk. For the next day or two I was too afraid to agitate his poor, little tummy so I only fed him milk, and he kept it down really well! My plan backfired, literally. I've been changing blowout after blowout because of the lack of solid food. Bah! Lose-lose. Oh well, we are finally getting past this a little bit. With how many blow outs I have to change with Tate, I wish I would've done cloth diapers. Just cause. I'm cleaning all his clothes just about every diaper change anyway.
And Baysie. Man, she is smart! I can't get over it. We've been teaching her the sounds of the letters for awhile and then started putting up words for her to sound out. She does so good. When Dustin gives her a word to sound out and I'm listening, I can tell pretty easily what word it is, but she has a hard time with it. She is really choppy when she does it so we've been trying to teach her to "flow" the sounds together. Just yesterday we were practicing and I gave her the word soft. She did so good! Read it all flowing together and everything, but still didn't get the word until I sounded it out for her. She did, however, get the next word all by herself. I spelled out pad and she sounded it out all on her own until she knew the word! I was so proud. Another proud mommy moment was at the park the other day. I was on the playground with Baylee and Tate and needed to run back to the stroller to wipe Tate's face. By the time I came back Baylee had run off to play on a different part when I hear a little girl say, "What's your name?" I froze. She asked again. I watched Baylee just standing there, shy and unsure. "My name is Baylee." The other little girl, "Oh, I was wondering if you want to be my friend." I'm standing so still, praying she won't see me, anxiously waiting for Baylee's response. She spotted me. Bah! But, she talked to another little girl and let her borrow her bike! Progress!! We swung next to them for awhile before we had to go home.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Too Much Tate...

Sweet Tater Bug