Growing Up

     I think it's safe to say that Baylee is officially potty trained!  I was afraid to tell anyone because I thought it was going to be this horrendous turn of events that would conquer me and I'd revert back to diapers.  That was luckily not the case for us!  It went SO well!  I can't believe it.  We just started last Thursday afternoon/evening.  She even woke up dry.  What the heck?  I'm so proud of her!  We only had one accident and that was on Thursday.  There was also the occasional waking up wet, twice I think.  She even tells us when she needs to go, even though we do ask her periodically, just to be safe.  Dustin has even taught her how to go through the whole process on her own.  She gets on the toilet, wipes, flushes and washes her hands.  I guess that was too quick for me because I usually go sit in the bathroom with her and help her along.  I feel like ever since her 3rd birthday she's just been growing up SO fast!  She started going on the potty a few days after her birthday, she can practically ride her bike on her own, she wants to feed herself more.  All in all she has just become way more independent.  It's been nice but it's also a little sad.  It's just happening even faster than normal and I'm not okay with my babies growing up so fast. 
     Luckily for me, Tate is still pretty babyish.  He's not totally mobile.  :)  He can get around a room though by rolling around and he can turn in circles while on his tummy, he's just not crawling yet.  He is most definitely the momma's boy I so desperately wanted.  He is still my angel baby personality wise, but is a very difficult baby through no fault of his own.  It's been kind of hard.  He's had reflux since the day he was born, can't keep anything down it seems.  And then just fairly recently he developed severe diaper rash.  It was the saddest thing ever, poor boy.  I'm happy to say, however, after 2-3 weeks of this awful rash, it's finally starting to clear up as of today!  It's still not all the way, but I'm thinking by tomorrow morning it will be completely gone!  Hooray, I'm thrilled! 
     As for Dustin, school is going really well this semester.  We went out last week to celebrate because he got 100% on one of his tests.  He said he was pretty sure that was the first time ever in his life that he got a perfect score on a BYU test.  His website is moving along, slowly but surely.  I'm way excited to see how it turns out.  It's pretty much a waiting game right now, everything's in the hands of his developers.
     And as for me, I haven't washed my hair for 5 or 6 days, but who cares, right?


This is a typical day for us, I'm constantly feeding Tate something while Baylee pretends she is a puppy. Puppies don't wear clothes, therefore she can't wear clothes. Of course. The basket is her dog house and that open mouth face is Tate's usual face. "Feed me, feed me."

Comments

  1. We totally had a similar experience w/Samantha and potty training--two disaster attempts, and then this week, she just decides to do it! It's nice only having one kid in diapers :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Too Much Tate...

Sweet Tater Bug