I just had a nice chat with Baylee about how we don't kill people or animals. It's killer how perceptive and observant little kids are. Especially Baylee! I had just laid her back down for bed and she wanted her light saver, sword thing in bed with her. I said, fine. As I was leaving her room and closing her door she said, "I'm killing you." By golly, can I get the "worst parent of the year" award over here? I desperately wanted to avoid it by saying, "that's nice, dear. Now go to bed." Me thinks that would've been easier. Instead I went and sat by her while we talked about it. I explained that we don't kill people. Ever. Or animals (generally speaking). Then she brought up the fact that it's on tv! What?! Here I thought we were so careful about what we watch while the kids are awake, apparently not careful enough! Hopefully she understands a little more now and I'm sure we'll have follow up conversations about it.
On a lighter note, we had a super fun day today. We were outside all day long!! We went to the park this afternoon, (as soon as I could get out of the house. It takes forever!) then came home and laid Tate down while Baylee and I went outside on the tramp. When we came inside, Dustin was home and he offered to take both kids to the park so I could have a break. I was so happy and excited then ended up going with them to enjoy the beautiful day instead of doing my chores. The kids and I got burnt. My bad. It didn't seem so bad but I guess 5 hours outside will do the trick.

Tate's first swig and slide experience today. He thoroughly enjoyed he swing. He was laughing and screaming. I'll get the video of it up, soon.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bugs

Just Baylee

Pumpkins